Begin your sewing journey, or refresh your skills, with my 4-part Learn to Sew Course.
Wednesdays - May 9, 23, June 6, 20
9.30am till 2pm
*Students MUST be able to attend all lessons.
Due to the structure of the course, catch up lessons are not available.
A $100 deposit is required to secure your place.
This is non-refundable unless the course is cancelled due to insufficient numbers.
*A minimum of 3 students is required or this course to go ahead as scheduled.
Course cost $195 includes tuition, and basic sample kit.
You will need to supply pattern, fabric, and notions as explained during the first lesson. Some notions are available from me.
Morning tea is provided, but please bring your own lunch.
There is a fridge and microwave in the kitchenette.
By sewing a collared pyjama shirt and a pair of boxer shorts you will learn -
- Basic care & use of your sewing machine
- How to choose fabric, needles, threads
- How to choose the correct pattern size, and basic pattern fitting
- How to lay out patterns, mark and cut
- The importance of pressing and accuracy
- Basic stitches, curves & pivots, zippers (sample), overcasting/overlocking
(If you have an overlocker at home, you can use the classroom machine
to save bringing yours too.)
- How to sew seams, hems, buttons, buttonholes, collars, sleeves, and elastic casing
- How to read your pattern instructions
A minimum of 3 students is required for the course to proceed.
Maximum of 6 students to ensure attention.
Suitable for teenagers & adults.
My number is 0402 309 047 or email me email@example.com
for bookings or if you have any questions.